Leshy Tuner Update and Web Widget
Posted by Doug Haber
UPDATE: (2016-04-18) The Chrome web browser no longer allows the microphone to be used on pages that are not served securely via HTTPS. This means that any page with the tuner embedded must be HTTPS only in order to work in new versions of Chrome.
Any pages that embedded the tuner before 2016-04-18 should be updated with the new code. A small change was made so that the tuner is served over HTTPS. The page embedding it must be HTTPS as well for it to work in new versions of Chrome.
A new version of Leshy Tuner, our HTML5 chromatic instrument tuner is being released. With this update, it is now possible to use Leshy Tuner as a web widget.
A number of changes were made to make the needle less jumpy and to make detection more accurate. I've tested this on a number of instruments, and while the accuracy is a little better, the stability when the volume is low or fading has been greatly improved.
Since the initial release of Leshy Tuner, browser compatibility has gotten much better. While there is still more progress needed (especially on mobile,) both the desktop and mobile version of Chrome and Firefox are now able to run the tuner. In general, Chrome's desktop version is still the preferred browser, but this may change.
If you are interested in obtaining a license for commercial use or a re-themed version, please send email to the address contact at LeshyLabs.com. NOTE:
New versions of the Chrome web browser will only allow the microphone to be accessed when pages are served over HTTPS.
NOTE: This license is for non-commercial use only. Commercial licenses must be purchased. To add the web widget, the following HTML must be inserted into the body of a web page at the position you want Leshy Tuner to appear.
<div id="leshyTuner" startDisabled="true" style="height: 280px">
var s = document.createElement('script');
s.async = true;
s.src = 'https://www.leshylabs.com/apps/tuner/widget.js';
<a href="//www.leshylabs.com/" rel="nofollow">Created by Leshy Labs</a>
The "startDisabled" option on the <div> determines what Leshy Tuner does when it launches. When this is set to true, Leshy Tuner will not request access to the microphone on page load. Instead, it will wait for the power button to be pressed. If this option is not set to true, then LeshyTuner will request access to the microphone as soon as the page loads.
By using the embedded version of Leshy Tuner you must agree to the following terms:
- LESHY TUNER'S EMBEDDABLE WEB WIDGET IS PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS, COPYRIGHT HOLDERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
- This software comes with absolutely no guarantee of availability. It may be discontinued or modified at any time. Features may be added or removed from the application at any time. There is no guarantee that the application will continue to function or be available in any form.
- This software may not be used for commercial use. There must NOT be any advertisements or affiliate links on the page using the application. If commercial use is desired, a commercial license must be purchased from Leshy Labs.
- Sites may not charge for access to Leshy Tuner. Leshy Tuner is not allowed on sites where users must pay to gain access.
- Sites that embed Leshy Tuner may not contain any material that is illegal or offensive or any adult content.
- Sites that embed the tuner must have other relevant content. Sites may not be created just to embed the tuner. Sites setup for manipulating search engine results are prohibited from using the application.
- Leshy Tuner may only be embedded on web pages. It may not be used in phone applications or in any other form that is not accessed by using a standard web browser to go to a web page.
- The embedding HTML code for Leshy Tuner must be reproduced and used exactly as shown above. Nothing external may modify its meaning, behavior, or display.
- Nothing is allowed to alter Leshy Tuner's behavior or display. Nothing may be displayed on top of or overlayed on the application. Nothing may interfere with the behavior of the application or its user interface.
- No part of Leshy Tuner may be reproduced in any form. No source code or image assets may be copied or modified. Nothing external may modify the code, art, image assets, their behavior, or their display.
- Usage of this widget may be logged. Information recorded may include (but is not limited to) the URL of the referring web page, the IP address of the web browser accessing the page, the browser's user agent, and the time and date of the operation.
- The name of Leshy Tuner, Leshy Labs, or any of its members may not be used to endorse or promote products or websites without prior written permission.
- Republishing, copying, sublicensing, and redistributing of Leshy Tuner is prohibited in all its forms.
- Leshy Labs may revoke a site's permission to embed the application at any time for any reason without notice.
- These terms of service may be updated or modified at any time. Please check this page for updates.
Version 1.01b. Last updated 2016-04-18.